Saturday, December 5, 2009

Makes it all worth while.....

Just a quick post about something that happened earlier today....

I had gone out for a couple of hours this morning -- Rachel was having an ABA session and I needed to run to Kohl's (HAD to take advantage of the 3 day sale) and make a quick grocery store run. I was gone for about 1.5-2 hours -- not too bad, but a little longer than I had planned....

When I got home, I sat down on the couch and all 3 kids came over and piled on me a bit....was a nice feeling (although not the most comfortable). Simon snuggled right into my left side and nuzzled in as close as he could get.

Then I heard it -- I LOVE YOU!!!!! It was clear as a bell, and so poignant that I almost cried. Instead, I picked him up, found room for him on my lap and gave him a HUGE hug and kiss and told him that I love him too!!!!

He's said this to me once before, but that was over 3 months ago. That time, it was as he was settling down for a nap after a very hard morning and he had fallen asleep shortly after saying it. This time, I had been out for a little while (he got to spend some quality time with his dad and brother while I was gone). But he stayed snuggly for about 20 minutes before going back to full-swing playing with his toys and siblings.

After the last week, this made me feel so warm and cozy inside -- it doesn't solve any of my problems, but it's so nice to hear that my baby loves me!!!!! (I knew that before, but hearing it is always special.)

No comments:

Post a Comment