Friday, October 2, 2009

Patience is just GONE

All right -- Kevin's coming home from his business trip tomorrow. I've been doing (what I think is) pretty well with the whole thing all week long -- but tonight -- I don't know what happened but EVERYONE decided that they were going to be on their worst possible behavior and do whatever they could to make me crazy and angry. I know, my exhaustion today didn't help (after getting to bed near 12:30, Daniel woke me up at 3am and I never really got back to sleep) and we did have a crazy day today, which made my patience even less, but still......

All right -- vent is out of the way. The week went all right -- I'm not going to win any positive parenting accolades for my skills the last 6 days, but at least everyone was fed and bathed and arrived at their appropriate destinations all week. Rachel had her ABA sessions; Simon and Daniel had their respective schools (despite being a little late picking Daniel up today, but only by 5 minutes or so) and they were relatively happy all week. But I am SO looking forward to Kevin being home by tomorrow evening and not having to do the bedtime routine alone for a while.....

I've already informed Kevin -- on Sunday, after Rachel's ABA session starts, I'm leaving for the remainder of the morning and he will have to stay with the boys. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do (but a pedicure is high on the list of probable destinations). I also will probably head over to Walmart or Target to get some containers for the kids' toys in the basement to see if that can help contain the nightly mess, but that assumes I'm willing to spend that "me" time doing something productive.

Hopefully these kids will fall asleep quickly, Kevin will call soon, and then I can get some sleep.....

No comments:

Post a Comment