Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's A New Month....

.....and a new attitude has emerged.

We actually took a "day off" on Friday -- since I'd already canceled Rachel's ABA session to attend something at Daniel's school, I declared Friday, October 30, 2009 as an "Autism Free Day". We didn't quite make it that far, but we were close. We attended a playgroup that we hadn't had the time to attend for MONTHS. We didn't have to rush home for an ABA session with CSAAC. I didn't even stop Simon from "stimming" on toys, as long as things didn't get out of control. And I think we were all the better for it.

And now we're back to reality. Halloween is over. November is here. And the world is a better place for me right now. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, but I'm just happy it has. Tomorrow, ABA sessions begin again in earnest, and Daniel will be home (no school for some reason). But I've arranged a playdate for him so he should have fun and I should be able to spend a little time with Simon.

So, we're ready for the new month around here. And hopefully the new attitude will stick around for a while......

No comments:

Post a Comment