Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tired.....Oh, So Tired

I thought this was done and over with. Since January and the twins starting their new schools, sleeping has been so much better around here. Then things changed.....

.....and it's not them (mostly). It's me. I've been waking up waaay to early (in the neighborhood of 4 or 4:30am) and have been unable to get back to sleep. Then, there's no time to go back to bed until after 10:30 and it takes 20-30 minutes to fall asleep. Then I'm up again at 4.

That's just not enough sleep, and it's starting to take it's toll. My patience is shot and I'm always finding myself doing a silent 10-count to prevent myself from saying or doing something that I'll later regret. And I'm having the hardest time staying awake in the afternoon after they get home from school. You'd think that would translate to being able to fall asleep at night, but, of course it doesn't.

Am I more stressed out about Simon than I realize? Am I worried about Daniel starting kindergarten? Am I overly-concerned about Rachel's recent sudden outbursts? Am I fretting about doing a good job taking care of Domino? Is there something else running through my mind that won't allow me to settle down?

Who knows.....but to paraphrase a friend's Facebook Status, "Sleep....Oh, where have you gone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment