Monday, February 4, 2013

Brief Summary

It's been a week or so shy of 2 months since I've posted anything here.  It's not because I've been avoiding this blog.  In fact, I've probably written about 3 posts that just never made it to the Publish stage because they just never felt right.  It was a combination of writers block and just having too much to say plus several other things.  And now, I find myself feeling so rusty, I just don't know where to start.

So, I'm going to just jump right in.  I'm going to list out some of the things that have happened since my last post here.  Some of these may be expanded into full-blown posts in the near future.  But at least I'll have gotten something written and can hopefully get back to my regularly scheduled postings.

So, here we go......

(1) Ballerina's IEP Meeting.  This was simply a follow-up from our meeting in October.  We need to determine if the adjustments to her placement plan were in fact working and what (if anything) needed to change.  All together, this meeting went really well.  She is progressing very nicely and we decided that we were going to leave everything alone and meet again in May for her annual review.

(2)  Holiday Break.  This, unfortunately, didn't go as well as we would have liked.  Starting the week before the break, some unwelcome viral bug decided to pay my household a visit.  It started with Ballerina and Big Brother.  Then it spread to Music Man and Dad.  Then, back to Big Brother and Ballerina.  Eventually, some version of it attacked me.  Finally, after 6 weeks, I think we're all doing much better.  For the record, none of us were really SICK.....just grossly under the weather.  The kids and Dad all suffered from mild fevers and we all had colds.  Big Brother was eventually diagnosed with strep, Music Man with his first (and the first for ANY of my kids) ear infection, but otherwise, all was reasonably normal.  But being sick during vacation is never fun, especially since it involved some travel to visit grandparents.  The trip went well, but no one was able to enjoy it as much as they should have because of the way they were feeling.

(3)  Return to School.  This was really quite uneventful.  It took a day or two for everyone to get back into the routine, but it happened reasonably seamlessly.

(4)  Rachel is officially a Daisy Scout!  On January 10, Rachel was officially sworn in as a Daisy Scout.  She had to recite the Girl Scout Oath and Promise and she received her official pin and the start of her Daisy emblem.  She will be working for the remainder of this year and next to earn all of her pedals.  This is the first of the many levels of Girl Scouts of America.  I don't know how long she will remain active with the organization, but for now, she's there and she really seems to be enjoying spending time with a group that is ALL GIRLS!

(5)  The Twins' Birthday (and Party).  This will likely be an upcoming post.  On January 12, Ballerina and Music Man turned 6 years old.  We celebrated with a small party at school the Friday before their birthday and then a party at The Little Gym, where Ballerina takes gymnastics classes.  Overall, 18 kids attended the party and they all seemed to have a great time.

The rest of the time has been just plain normal stuff.  And just not being able to sit down and write.  The cold (or whatever that bug was) has definitely played a HUGE part in my silence.  Often when I sit down to write, I try to put a positive spin on things, while still being 100% honest and accurate.  My mood and attitude has been so poor these last few weeks, I just haven't really WANTED to be positive, but just wallowing in my own misery.

But now I'm back!


1 comment:

  1. hi there!!! May 2013 bring HEALTH and lots of happiness for your family!

    ReplyDelete