Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What should I do?

I wrote a guest post for SPD Blogger Network that is scheduled to be published next week. It's a letter that I wrote (there) to a Parent Educator who I met a year ago. She told me (having never met Ballerina and Music Man) that they wouldn't enter a diploma-bound program and I should think in other terms for them. She told me that because of her preconceived ideas about the preschool programs where they were assigned.

As you've been reading here lately, you know that both Ballerina and Music Man will be entering diploma-bound programs when they begin kindergarten in the 2012-13 school year. We still aren't sure of Ballerina's specific placement, but it will be in that school and we will be working on including her in a typical classroom as much as possible throughout the year.

This letter I wrote basically tells her where she can take her comment to me. And I want to be sure she reads it. It's kind of my way of "showing her up". And, yes, I am a bit bitter about it all. The only problem is I'm not sure how to get this to her.

I know she is very involved with a particular organization. In order to facilitate communication to group members, they have established a Yahoo! group. I am a part of this Yahoo! group. After my experience that I mention in the letter, I had determined I didn't want much to do with this organization, but they do pass along very valuable information (hence my continued membership to that Yahoo! group). One way I can be sure that this person sees my note is by posting the link to this group (all members will see it), but it means that the whole group will see it rather than just this individual. That is, to say it mildly, VERY unprofessional and quite inappropriate as well. But I'm not sure how else to make sure she sees it.

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment